Durham Region Health Department yesterday said 1,194 Covid-19 cases have been reported in the region since February 29.
The count on Tuesday had stood at 1,176.
Of the total cases, 41 are hospitalized, of which five are in Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Deaths total 153, of which 131 were in long term care homes (LTCH). Recoveries number 806.
Durham Health yesterday updated the overall community-wide covid breakdown. The highest number of cases at 442 were in Pickering followed by 312 in Ajax and 196 in Oshawa.
- Of the 82 reported deaths in Pickering, 80 were in LTCH – no change
- Of the 32 reported deaths in Ajax, 29 were in LTCH – no change
- Three deaths were reported in Whitby [none in LTCH] – no change
- Of the 21 reported deaths in Oshawa, 15 were in LTCH – no change
- Seven deaths were reported in Clarington [none in LTCH] – no change
- Eight deaths were reported in Uxbridge, seven in LTCH
- No deaths have been reported in Scugog or Brock – no change
Note: The data were extracted from the integrated Public Health Information System at 1 pm yesterday.