No new covid-related death has been announced in Durham for the past two months, according to Durham Health statistics. The last covid-related death was announced on July 9.
However, Durham Health yesterday posted 10 new covid cases for Wednesday, bringing the latest total to 1,950 since the count began on February 29.
Five new cases were reported in Pickering, three in Ajax and one each in Clarington and Uxbridge.
One case is hospitalized with one case in Intensive Care Unit (ICU), and 48 people in home isolation. Deaths so far total 181, of which 152 were in long term care homes (LTCH). Recoveries number 1,720.
Durham Health yesterday reported the highest number of cases at 635 in Pickering followed by 531 in Ajax and 301 in Oshawa.
Death Toll: No new death reported
- Of the 89 reported deaths in Pickering, 86 were in LTCH
- Of the 37 reported deaths in Ajax, 31 were in LTCH
- Four deaths were reported in Whitby [none in LTCH]
- Of the 23 reported deaths in Oshawa, 15 were in LTCH
- Seven deaths were reported in Clarington [none in LTCH]
- 21 deaths were reported in Uxbridge, 20 in LTCH
- No deaths have been reported in Scugog
- No deaths have been reported in Brock
Note: The data were extracted from the integrated Public Health Information System at 1 pm yesterday.