Durham Health yesterday posted two new covid cases, bringing the total to 2,012 since the count began on February 29.
One new case each was reported in Pickering and Ajax.
No new covid-related death has been announced in Durham since July 9.
Three cases are hospitalized with one case in Intensive Care Unit (ICU), and 80 people in home isolation.
Deaths so far total 181, of which 152 were in long term care homes (LTCH). Recoveries number 1,748.
Durham Health reported the highest number of cases at 648 in Pickering followed by 561 in Ajax and 308 in Oshawa.
Death Toll: No new death reported
- Of the 89 reported deaths in Pickering, 86 were in LTCH
- Of the 37 reported deaths in Ajax, 31 were in LTCH
- Four deaths were reported in Whitby [none in LTCH]
- Of the 23 reported deaths in Oshawa, 15 were in LTCH
- Seven deaths were reported in Clarington [none in LTCH]
- 21 deaths were reported in Uxbridge, 20 in LTCH
- No deaths have been reported in Scugog
- No deaths have been reported in Brock
Note: The data were extracted from the integrated Public Health Information System at 1 pm yesterday.
The Durham Region Data Tracker is updated Monday to Friday. Updates for weekends and statutory holidays are posted on the tracker the next business day.