Durham Region Health Department yesterday said 1,318 Covid-19 cases have been reported in the region since February 29. No covid-related deaths were reported in yesterday’s update.
The Covid-19 count on Wednesday had stood at 1,295.
Of the total cases, 26 are hospitalized, of which 3 are in Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Deaths total 165, of which 140 were in long term care homes (LTCH). Recoveries number 988.
Durham Health yesterday updated the overall community-wide Covid breakdown. The highest number of cases at 478 were in Pickering followed by 338 in Ajax and 215 in Oshawa.
- Of the 86 reported deaths in Pickering, 84 were in LTCH – no change
- Of the 34 reported deaths in Ajax, 30 were in LTCH – no change
- Three deaths were reported in Whitby [none in LTCH] – no change
- Of the 23 reported deaths in Oshawa, 15 were in LTCH – no change
- Seven deaths were reported in Clarington [none in LTCH] – no change
- Twelve deaths were reported in Uxbridge, 11 in LTCH – no change
- No deaths have been reported in Scugog or Brock – no change
Note: The data were extracted from the integrated Public Health Information System at 1 pm yesterday.