The Municipality of Clarington is planning to reconstruct Parkway Avenue between Parkway Crescent, and Flett Street, from Parkway Crescent to Southway Drive, in Bowmanville this year.
The project is pending budget approval, said a municipal statement.
The existing pavement and storm sewer on each road has reached the end of its service life and needs replacing.
Clarington is also proposing the installation of sidewalk to provide a safe off-road travel route for area residents and students travelling to the school or St. Joseph’s Church parking lot.
The proposed work includes:
- Reconstruction of Flett Street, from Parkway Crescent to Southway Drive, including storm sewer replacement and sidewalk.
- Reconstruction of Parkway Avenue, between Parkway Crescent, including storm sewer replacement. Sidewalk will not be installed.
- Installation of sidewalk on the north side of Parkway Avenue, from Liberty Street to Parkway Crescent.
- Installation of sidewalk on the outside boulevard of Parkway Crescent from west of Flett Street to St. Joseph’s Catholic Elementary School. Sidewalks will not be installed on Parkway Crescent, east of Flett Street or east of the school.
- Utility relocations as required to facilitate the proposed road design.
The proposed design will avoid potential impacts to private properties as much as possible; however, local driveway aprons will be affected. The municipality said it will restore the driveway aprons to existing condition or better.