The Regional Municipality of Durham yesterday announced upcoming traffic restrictions in Ajax, Whitby and Courtice.
Bayly Street East in Ajax
Residents were advised of lane restrictions on Bayly Street East (Regional Road 22) between Shoal Point Road and Audley Road in the Town of Ajax.
- When: October 5 to 23. Unfavourable weather conditions may influence the work schedule.
- Where: Bayly Street East between Shoal Point Road and Audley Road in the Town of Ajax.
- Why: To safely install a new turn lane to support new development.
Victoria Street in Whitby
There will be lane restrictions on Victoria Street (Regional Road 22) in the Town of Whitby.
- When: Ongoing until September 30.
- Where: Victoria Street, from 20 metres east of Halls Road to 100 metres west of Seaboard Gate, in Whitby.
- Why: Curb and gutter work and road paving.
Henry Street to be closed
This Sunday, September 27, Henry Street will be temporarily closed to vehicle traffic and open to cyclists and pedestrians. The closure is part of the Whitby’s Bike Month celebrations, which aim to encourage the use of active forms of transportation, such as walking and cycling.
Between 8 am and 8 pm on September 27, Henry Street will be closed to all vehicles between Victoria Street and north of Highway 401 and open to local traffic only from the north side of the 401 to Dundas Street West.
In partnership with the Region of Durham and the Town of Whitby, the street closure offers residents an opportunity to get active and explore the broader cycling connections in the area including the new Lynde Creek Trail north of Highway 401, the Victoria Street multi-use path, and the Watson Street connection to the Waterfront Trail.
Intersection of Taunton Road and Enfield Road in Courtice
The Regional Municipality of Durham advised residents of lane restrictions near the intersection of Taunton Road (Regional Road 4) and Enfield Road (Regional Road 34), in the community of Courtice in the Municipality of Clarington.
- When: Ongoing until October 30.
- Where: At the intersection of Taunton Road and Enfield Road, and Enfield Road from north of Taunton Road to Highway 407, in Courtice.
- Why: Road paving and rehabilitation.