The City of Oshawa is calling on community members to complete Lakeridge Health’s survey and share why a site in north Oshawa is the ideal location for a new hospital in Durham Region.
The city is promoting itself due to the following reasons:
- Oshawa is geographically centred to meet population growth in all of Durham.
- Oshawa is one of the fastest growing municipalities in Durham and will require future expanded health care services.
- Oshawa is a TeachingCity. Home to Durham College, Ontario Tech University, Trent University Durham GTA and a medical teaching site for Queen’s University, a new hospital in Oshawa will create opportunities to further expand upon training and teaching future health care professionals in our city.
- Oshawa is a well-established leader in health care delivery and innovation. A future new hospital will build upon our demonstrated experience in the health care sector.
- Oshawa has excellent transportation options – from public transportation to highways 401 and 407, as well as an airport which supports Ornge medical emergency helicopter and aircraft operations.
The city is calling on all residents, business owners and community partners to have their say and explain why a site in north Oshawa is the ideal location.
- Take the Survey now and share your ideas on why a site in north Oshawa is the ideal location.
- Participate in the Community Town Hall on Facebook Live on Wednesday, July 28 from 6 pm to 7 pm.
For more information on the hospital site selection process, visit Lakeridge Health’s Site Selection Process webpage.
To learn more about why a site in north Oshawa is the ideal location for the new future hospital, visit the City’s Hospital webpage.