The Regional Municipality of Durham has announced lane restrictions on Winchester Road West (Regional Road 3) in the City of Oshawa.
- When: December 7 to December 12.
- Where: Winchester Road West, from Simcoe Street North to 250 metres west of Simcoe Street North, in Oshawa.
- Why: To safely construct an entrance to support new development.
Brock Street and Whitby GO Intersection
The Town of Whitby said that the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) has scheduled construction at the intersection of Brock Street and Whitby GO Station for this weekend (December 4 to 6), weather permitting.
MTO has advised that this will impact traffic traveling on Brock Street, Whitby GO Access (to/from Brock Street), Consumers Drive, Victoria Street, and the Highway 401 eastbound on-ramp and off-ramp at Brock Street as follows:
Friday, December 4 at 10 p.m. to Saturday, December 5 at 9 a.m.
• Highway 401 eastbound access to/from Brock Street will be closed during weekend overnight periods
Friday, December 4 at midnight to Saturday, December 5 at 9 a.m.
• Brock Street between Consumers Drive and Victoria Street:
o no southbound traffic permitted
o northbound traffic reduced to one lane
• Whitby GO station access to/from Brock Street closed
• Brock Street sidewalks between Consumers Drive and GO Intersection:
o West sidewalk: restricted access
• East sidewalk: remains closed for construction
Saturday, December 5 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, December 6 at 8 a.m.
• Regular single lane and ramp closures, as needed
Some restrictions will continue until Monday, December 7 at 6 a.m., if required.
MTO has advised that these closures are subject to inclement weather or modification due to construction operations. Drivers are encouraged to plan ahead to avoid delays by using alternative routes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: