Ottawa: At 6:17 am yesterday, 130 Canadians and 58 accompanying family members travelling on Canada’s second chartered plane from Wuhan, China, arrived at CFB Trenton.
They join the 213 Canadians who returned from Wuhan on the first Canadian chartered flight and a U.S. flight that landed in Canada last week, bringing the total number of repatriations from Wuhan to 401.
Passengers were met in Trenton by Canada Border Services Agency officers, and were thoroughly assessed upon arrival by quarantine officers from the Public Health Agency of Canada. None of the passengers have exhibited symptoms of the novel coronavirus upon arrival, said a government media release.
They will stay in isolation for 14 days and undergo the same medical assessment and observation as those who were repatriated on the previous flights.
Canada has provided approximately 16 tonnes of personal protective equipment, such as clothing, face shields, masks, goggles and gloves to China since February 4, 2020, said the release.
Consular officials remain in contact with Canadians in China who have requested assistance. This was the last planned flight from Wuhan.
Canadians in China outside of Hubei province whose presence is non-essential should consider leaving while commercial means are available.
“Thank you to all who have helped bring Canadians home. While the risk of spread of this virus remains low in Canada, we continue to work with partners like the World Health Organization to protect the health of Canadians,” said Patty Hajdu, Minister of Health.