The City of Oshawa is cracking down on illegal parking, introducing the latest measure of escalating fines.
In a tweet yesterday, the city said motorists will face escalating fines when the same parking offence occurs within 90 days of the previous parking offence.
The tweet did not mention the rates of escalation.
Oshawa reminded drivers that unless otherwise signed, all streets have a 3 hour limit and there is no parking on-street from December 1 to April 1 from 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Parking is prohibited on sidewalks, boulevards and front yards year-round.
It offered the following tips for avoiding parking tickets:
- Watch for signs
- Read the parking meters and machines
- Be courteous – do not park in accessible parking spaces
- Do not park on or over sidewalks
- Park safely at and around schools
- Err on the side of caution
- Do not park on street when snow clear operations are in affect
- Call us if you are not sure of the restrictions in any area