Durham Region Health Department yesterday said 1,687 Covid-19 cases have been reported in the region since February 29. No new covid-related death was announced for the 11th day in a row.
Of the total cases, 4 are hospitalized in Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Deaths total 180, of which 152 were in long term care homes (LTCH). Recoveries number 1,467.
Durham Health yesterday updated the overall community-wide Covid breakdown. The highest number of cases at 564 were in Pickering followed by 438 in Ajax and 267 in Oshawa.
Death Toll: No new death reported
- Of the 89 reported deaths in Pickering, 86 were in LTCH
- Of the 37 reported deaths in Ajax, 31 were in LTCH
- Three deaths were reported in Whitby [none in LTCH]
- Of the 23 reported deaths in Oshawa, 15 were in LTCH
- Seven deaths were reported in Clarington [none in LTCH]
- 21 deaths were reported in Uxbridge, 20 in LTCH
- No deaths have been reported in Scugog
- No deaths have been reported in Brock
Note: The data were extracted from the integrated Public Health Information System at 1 pm yesterday.