The Township of Brock has announced a scheduled power interruption for the entire community of Beaverton on Sunday, November 12.
The power outage by Elexicon Energy will be for eight hours from 6 am until 2 pm.
A utility company statement said scheduled power interruptions are planned carefully to replace or repair equipment, with a goal of improving electricity reliability and safety.
To protect the safety of customers and crews, below are some important things to know, it said.
Please make arrangements ahead of time if you:
- Are on life support or require a medical device supported by electricity (speak with your medical services provider for more assistance)
- Have computer equipment
- Have an electric sump pump
- Have an electric garage door opener
- Have a security company monitoring your home or business
- Have smoke and carbon monoxide alarms electronically connected to your home’s power supply without battery back-up