Metrolinx has issued a notice of road closure for Highway 401 and Salem Road for three separate periods – February 2-6, February 9-13, February 26-March 3.
The GO operator said GO service is expanding to provide more frequent service, more stations, cleaner technology, and more connections.
“Across the entire network, our goal is to deliver over 10,000 train trips a week – so you won’t need a schedule because you know the next train will be coming soon. GO Expansion will transform the GO rail network from a commuter service into an all-day, rapid system,” it said.
To support GO expansion projects, Trans Power will be mobilizing along Salem Road throughout the month of February and early March, with road and Highway 401 off-ramp closures necessary to complete the scheduled work, it explained.
Metrolinx said work crews will be on site throughout the dates mentioned at variable shift times with road closures depending on what work is required.
Hours of Work and Work Details
Closure 1: February 2nd to February 6th
- February 2nd 8 pm – February 6th 5 am with two crew shifts per day.
- Two left lane (northbound turn) closure of the off-ramp Highway 401 eastbound and one left turn lane to southbound Salem Road at the Highway 401 westbound off-ramp.
Closure 2: February 9th to February 13th
- February 9th 8 pm – February 13th 5 am with two crew shifts per day.
- Crossing South of intersection there is to be a full road closure on Salem Road and right-turn (southbound) lane closure on the eastbound Highway 401 off-ramp.
Closure 3: February 26th to March 3rd
- February 26th 8 pm – March 3rd 6 am one night crew shift only and road conditions to be open at the end of the shift.
- Closure of off-ramp on Highway 401 eastbound to Salem Road.
Metrolinx said the above work schedule may be delayed and/or changed with unforeseen adverse winter weather conditions.
It said there will be traffic controls set up as well as signage to indicate the closure as well as detour routes for traffic travelling along Highway 401 as well as along Salem Road where relevant.
No transit or pedestrian impacts from closures are anticipated, it added.