Motorists are being alerted that ongoing and upcoming road works in Pickering, Oshawa and Clarington are leading to traffic restrictions on some roads.
Pinecrest Road and Harmony Road North in Oshawa: The Regional Municipality of Durham has advised residents of a road closure at the intersection of Pinecrest Road and Harmony Road North (Regional Road 33) in the City of Oshawa.
- When: February 22 to March 5.
- Where: Intersection of Pinecrest Road and Harmony Road North (Regional Road 33), in Oshawa.
- Why: The road closure is required to safely construct underground sewer and watermain connections.
Intersection closure in Oshawa: A full intersection closure will be implemented.
- When: March 1 until April 2. Unfavourable weather conditions may influence the work schedule.
- Where: Bloor Street East (Regional Road 22) and Wilson Road South (Regional Road 35) in Oshawa.
- Why: As part of the ongoing construction of the new feedermain on Bloor Street (Regional Road 22). This work is necessary to replace aging infrastructure while ensuring residents continue to have access to safe, reliable and clean municipal drinking water.
Temporary Sidewalk Closure Pickering: The Rosebank Road, East Sidewalk between 1825 Rosebank Road and Charnwood Court, is temporarily closed.
- Purpose: Sidewalk is being removed and will be relocated and reinstated as part of the development by Marshall
- Duration: Friday, February 19, 2021 until further notice
Applicable signage is posted to ensure pedestrian traffic is redirected to the sidewalk on the west side of Rosebank Road.
Lane restrictions on Regional Highway 2 in Courtice: The Regional Municipality of Durham is advising residents of eastbound and westbound lane restrictions on Regional Highway 2 in the community of Courtice in the Municipality of Clarington.
- When: March 3 to 12.
- Where: Regional Highway 2, from Trulls Road to 150 metres east of Trulls Road, in Courtice.
- Why: To safely construct an entrance to support new development.