Ajax said it will open select facilities and amenities through a phased approach to ensure the safety and protection of our community and staff.
Step 3 reopening plan highlights:
- Audley Recreation Centre indoor pool will open July 30 for public swim.
- Two ice pads (pads 3 & 4) at the Ajax Community Centre will open mid-August for ice user groups and public skate. Watch out for the reopening date announcement next week.
- McLean Community Centre health & fitness facility is expected to open by late July/early August.
- The Ajax Boxing Club and Ajax Rock Oasis Inc. are offering their pre-arranged programs at the Ajax Community Centre. Please contact the organizations directly for program related inquiries.
- Facility bookings at select satellite facilities continue including Carruthers Marsh Pavilion, Rotary Park Pavilion, Quaker Meeting House, Hartrick House and Greenwood Discovery Pavilion. Please note, capacity restrictions are in effect.
- Outdoor Permits are also available for groups of up to 25 at Greenwood Conservation Area and Paulynn Park. To book, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-683-2951.
“Since the announcement of Ontario’s Step 3 of reopening, staff have been working diligently to assess where we have community demand and need for our in-person facilities, and determining a phased approach to reopen in a cautious, and safe way. We are excited to welcome the community back to our facilities where possible and provide safe and affordable access to recreational opportunities during the summer. The health and safety of our staff and community is our top priority, and we will be meeting and exceeding all protocols advised by Durham Region Public Health. Our phased approach and staggered opening dates ensures there won’t be an influx of users in any facility at once. I would like to thank our staff for their diligence, and our partners and community for their patience as we work through the province’s reopening framework,” said Mayor Shaun Collier.
- The town is taking a measured, cautious approach to reopening after a significant period of Covid mandatory closures.
- Covid signage and protocols are installed at all Town facilities.
- In-person camps start July 26; registration is open and limited. For more information, visit ajax.ca/camps.
- In addition, the popular free Playgrounds program is back starting July 26; pre-registration is required. For more information, visit ajax.ca/playgrounds.
- Outdoor Memorial Pool will open July 23 following the completion of maintenance. For more information and to register for public swim, visit ajax.ca/swimming.
- Town Hall remains open by appointment-only. For more information on online services and Town Hall appointments, call 905-683-4550, email email@example.com or visit ajax.ca/appointment to book your appointment.
- The Town continues to partner with Durham Region Public Health and community organizations to host mass immunization clinics, rotating clinics, mobile clinics and pop-up Covid testing opportunities. To learn more about where you can get vaccinated in Ajax, visit ajax.ca/vaccine.
Uxbridge announces further openings
The Township of Uxbridge office will re-open to the public from today (Monday to Friday) between 8:30am to 4:30pm.
In order to protect the public and staff, the following protocols are in effect:
- All visitors to Town Hall will be screened prior to entry and must wear a face mask while at the facility. Contact tracing is in effect.
- Movement within the facility will be restricted by directional arrows and visitors will be asked to follow physical distancing guidelines of 2 m or more between people.
- The number of guests will be limited at any one time so visitors may be required to wait outside until our number of visitors is below capacity before entering.
- Visitors who wish to visit Public Works, Development Services or Planning are asked to use the lower, rear entrance. Parking is available at the rear of the building for this entrance.
- Visitor to other departments should use the main doors at the Toronto St. entrance and the Toronto St. parking lot.
- Public access will be through the main doors on Toronto St. The door closest to St. Paul’s church is exit only.
Many services will be continued to be modified as per Covid Regulations:
- Council, Committee and Advisory Committee meetings will continue to be conducted virtually until further notice. View upcoming meetings at https://www.uxbridge.ca/en/your-local-government/council-meeting-calendar.aspx.
- Water sample testing services drop-off location is at the Main Entrance on Toronto St.
- Washrooms are not available for public use.
- No drop-in meetings will be accepted. Please call ahead to make an appointment.
- The Township is booking on-site wedding ceremonies for a limit of 10 guests or fewer.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: