Oshawa has announced upcoming road closures for events while Clarington has notified of lane restrictions for road works.
Oshawa said the following downtown streets will be closed for the Fiesta Parade on Sunday June 19:
- King Street between Park Road and Centre Street 9 am to 2:30 pm
- Parade Route (see map) 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
- Metcalfe Street 8 am to 7 pm
- McMillan Drive between Bond Street and King Street 9 am to 2:30 pm
Bovin Avenue closed
Oshawa also announced that Bovin Avenue will be closed on Friday June 24 from 7 pm until midnight between both sides of Pindar Crescent.
The road is being closed to accommodate a private event.
Lane Restrictions on Regional Road 17 in Clarington
The Regional Municipality of Durham is advising residents of lane restrictions on Regional Road 17, in Newcastle, in the Municipality of Clarington.
- When: Ongoing until the end of September. Unfavourable weather conditions may influence the work schedule.
- Where: Regional Road 17, from 50 metres north of CPR Grade Separation to Monroe Street West.
- Why: To safely install a sewer and watermain to support new development.
The region said it realizes that the construction work will be disruptive and will make every effort to complete the work as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Drivers, cyclists and pedestrians are reminded to exercise additional caution.