A Markham resident faces numerous charges after an identity fraud investigation resulted in the seizure of counterfeit equipment and documents.
Investigators from the DRPS Financial Crimes Unit commenced a fraud investigation in May.
Members of the Financial Crimes Unit with the assistance of the Offender Management Unit, executed a search warrant at an address on Charles Brown Road in Markham. As a result of the execution of the search warrant, investigators located a fully operational credit card and fraudulent identification laboratory. Investigators dismantled the laboratory, seizing:
– Numerous embossers
– Numerous dedicated card printers
– 3D printers
– Thousands of completed of semi complete Permanent Resident Cards
– Hundreds of complete and semi complete Ontario Driver’s Licenses
– Thousands of completed and semi complete Credit Cards and templates
– American currency
– Canadian currency
– Suspected fraudulent international identification pieces
– Cuban pesos
Rameshkumar Visvalingam, age 45, of Charles Brown Road in Markham is charged with: Offer To Sell Identification Document of Another; Possession of Identification Document of Another x2; Possession of Forgery Equipment x2; Conspiracy to Commit an Indictable Offence and Possession of Counterfeit Mark.
He was released on an Undertaking.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact D/Cst. Smith of the Financial Crimes Unit at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 5281.