Advertise on Durhampost.ca
2M Views and counting!

Inquiry launched into how the missing pilot of this plane died

An investigation has begun into the death of a pilot who had been missing in his home-made plane since August 14.

“The Transportation Safety Board of Canada is investigating the circumstances surrounding the crash, with OPP continuing to assist as required,” said the Ontario Provincial Police.

Both the Durham Regional Police Service (DRPS) and OPP laid to rest days of rumors regarding the fate of the pilot of the missing plane.

“The missing 73-year old pilot has been located deceased. Our thoughts are with his loved ones,” said a brief Durham police statement.

The OPP Central Region confirmed on Wednesday that the pilot of a private aircraft reported overdue on August 14, has been located deceased after an extensive multi-agency search in the City of Kawartha Lakes.

Over several days, OPP members, including Aviation Services, the Underwater Search and Recovery Unit, and specialized resources, worked alongside partner agencies to search the area near Kirkfield.

Aircraft debris was recovered from Wolf Lake on August 16, and on August 18, searchers located the submerged aircraft and confirmed the pilot was deceased.

The OPP extended its sincere condolences to the pilot’s family and loved ones and thanked the many members of the public who provided information, support and assistance throughout the search effort.

Earlier Story

Help find the missing pilot of this plane

You May Also Like To Read

28-year old rollerblader dies while crossing road

Durham Realty: Only one neighbourhood sold above asking

Traffic Alert: Lane restrictions on Simcoe Street

Durham grants up to $500k to help fight rise in poverty

Metrolinx adds trips to help Durham residents get to CNE

Leave a Reply